Cybersecurity lapses are expected to cost the world trillions in lost revenue in 2021. So how has 2021 turned out so far? Here are a few statistics put together by Subex’s research team based on data gathered from public sources.
• Cybercrime has already cost global businesses nearly USD 397 million so far
• The above number includes the cost of breaches in terms of lost revenue and recovery costs, ransom payouts, and cost of data leaked by hackers
• In the first month of the year, while the number of reported breaches came down, the number of successful breaches leading to data leaks has increased by 23 percent
• 15 new families of IoT devices added to those that were breached in 2021
• On the OT side, attacks on ICS and SCADA systems has risen significantly
• 1 new APT actor detected in the Asia-Pacific region
These developments have a bearing on your institutional cybersecurity posture and pose a significant threat to your business. In addition to the threat landscape, there are also internal cybersecurity challenges that will have to be addressed on priority in order to script a coherent institutional cyber resilience narrative.
Talk to us
Subex has been at the forefront of securing businesses across the globe. We simplify cyber resilience and cyber defense through our offerings. Subex Secure, an IoT and OT cybersecurity solution work across four levels to secure your assets from cyber threats and sophisticated attacks. Our cyber deflection solution Subex Honeypot can help you divert and study cyberattacks while keeping your core infrastructure safe. Our managed security services help in offloading your cybersecurity monitoring and management efforts helping you focus on other areas of business and market priority.
We understand these threats and know how to manage them.
Nat will be glad to help in case you wish to learn more. You can drop her a line: email@example.com.